Monday, September 29, 2014

Dotson Love joins the #iambraveandbeautiful movement

It's a movement people!!! I like a good movement. But this one is a movement that I HAVE to get on board with!!! This morning while I was scrolling through IG I saw a post by Brassy Apple. Inspired by Colbie Caillat's song Try, Brassy Apple and a bunch of other bloggers have come together to start the #iambraveandbeautiful movement. I L-O-V-E love this. It seriously speaks to my heart and soul!

So... I had just sent my son off to school and I decided to take my own photo of ME (No make up and scary hair) to post on IG and join in on the movement. That turned into me taking pictures of all the things I haven't been happy with myself but that I'm OK with now that I love myself. And then that turned into me recording a video. Seriously! I am not going to lie... I feel like a complete dork and part of me is worried what people will think. To the world's standard I should not be putting a video of me out there looking like I do in it. But that is the point... I'm sharing my feelings and my message while looking... very not "beautiful". Or at least how society determines beauty. I am seriously so nervous to share this video. I am writing as it is downloading to my YouTube channel and I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't! What if no one even watches or cares? What if people do watch and use it to make fun of me? What if it goes viral and not in the good way??? HAHA!! But I have something to say. I am on a mission. And this video is a way for me to do that! So... I am uploading and hoping that it doesn't end up being a joke. ;) LOL




Along with the video I want to share a couple pictures. These two pictures are of me. The first is one I took this morning. No make up. Hair is a mess. The other is a photo I used for a guest post I did on The Mumsy Blog a couple weeks back. It was my first feature and I wanted to look good. I wanted to look like myself though. So I did put on my makeup and I did my hair all curly. I put on my favorite dress and set up my ca,era in my living room. After lots and lots of photos via self timer on my camera I sent them to my sis to have her edit them a bit. I like this photo but I have to be honest... I feel more myself and beautiful in the iPhone selfie. It's just more... me. But if you would have asked me just a few months ago which I was happier with I would say the other. It's crazy what can happen when you let yourself love who you are! I love the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my eyes beauty has so many different faces. Why does beauty have to be one certain look or type. And who decided what would be considered "beautiful" and what would not? If you think that those women you see in the magazines are perfect let me tell you something... they aren't even real! Those women do not exist! So stop comparing yourself to them! Don't compare yourself to anyone!!! We all have insecurities. We all want to change something about ourselves. I am at the best place confidence wise that I have ever been and there are still things I don't necessarily like. But I try not to focus on them. We can't poke at our insecurities or with others. Let them be. Magnify your strengths and do the same for others. Love who you are! Believe that you are beautiful! And the more you do these then the more beautiful you will feel.

#iambraveandbeautiful

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment