Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Why Blogs Matter.

Blogging. Why do so many of us feel the need to write down our thoughts and feeling? Why are we so interested in each others thoughts and feelings? Why do I feel the need to blog and share my life with you all?

I can't tell you why others do it. But I can tell you why I do. It's actually very simple. I share my life in hopes that it will help me see things more clearly and that maybe as an added bonus someone who reads it will get something out of it. I made (still make) the mistake of letting myself worry about what other think about my blog. Do they take me seriously? Do they care? Do they know how important this is to me? I let those worries keep me from starting a blog. It kept me from sharing what I feel I'm supposed to blog about for a very long time. But I have an important reason for blogging.

I believe very deeply that this life we are all living has a purpose. I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our faith is built on the foundation of love. I was raised in a loving home where I was taught to love and respect people no matter who they were or what they believed. I was brought up to be kind and loving to all who crossed my path. I have lived my life in love for the majority of my life. But there have been times when I have let hatred and bitterness grab a hold of me. I am not proud of those moments. I have seen the affect both love and hate can have on someone. I have seen the influence others have had on those people. And I have learned that life cannot be fully lived without support and love from one another.

I don't like the term "dog eat dog world" at all. I totally disagree with that. It can be a mean world. There are terrible things that happen. Negativity and hatred can destroy so much. But there is so much more good and beauty out there. I'm a very visual person and I have always pictured in my head this war between good and evil as light and darkness. And if you remember learning about it in school you'll remember that darkness is just the lack of light. When there is light there cannot be dark. When there is kindness and love there cannot be cruelty and hatred. We are in great need of more love. Love for life. Love for ourselves. Love for one another. I'm fighting for love. (I know it sounds so cheesy... But I'm cheesy so get used to it.) So this is why I blog. This is how I can do my part to help the light shine a little brighter. This is how I can keep my light shining brighter to keep the darkness away.


We need to just enjoy life more! Be happy! There so many amazing things to be happy about! Let's celebrate them! We need to help each other to be happy. I can't stress the subject of kindness enough! KINDNESS MATTERS! I want to do my part to let everyone I meet know that they matter! I'm so excited to start my *Every Life Matter* Q&A Series tomorrow! The fabulous Natashia of The Mumsy Blog will be answering some questions about what matters to her. You won't want to miss it. OH MY GOLLY!!! I am so excited for the future of this blog! I hope and pray it become a place where others can come and get a great big dose of goodness! :)

Love one another.
Love yourself.
Love life.

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment