Friday, September 12, 2014

I am who I am.

My mom read my first couple posts and mentioned that I need to put a little more of my blog. I totally agree! I don't want all my posts to be serious. I'm not a serious person for the most part. I like to be silly and goofy. I love to embarrass my family when we are shopping or in public by acting crazy. I'm just a dork and I'm proud of it.

This picture was taken a year after my divorce. I loved it cause I felt like I was "moving on" or something. And it was the first time I felt pretty in a long long time. And it was one if the first times I felt proud to be me.
I learned the hard way that you can't change who you are to try to fit in or please someone else. You just can't. I know because I did that for years. And after a while I completely lost myself. I wasn't happy when I wasn't myself. When I was 26 years young I was divorced. And after a long time I began to let Katie be Katie again. It felt great. One day my brother in law told me that my sister would tell him all these stories about how crazy & goofy I was. He told me that he was beginning to see that Katie that Mandy reminisced about. 


I love being giddy, happy, dorky, goofball Katie. I promised myself that I would never lose that part of me again. And I haven't! When I started dating Dustin I remember thinking that I needed to hold it back. But I didn't. He knew what he was getting from the get go. And now when I'm shakin my groove thang in the kitchen and he looks at me like I'm a dork I just wink at him and say "You knew what you were marrying!" And then he smiles at me. I love it.


I've spent too much time in the past hiding or trying to change myself. I'm proud of who I am. I will never lose myself again! Goofy Katie is here to stay. And I hope I can put more of myself into more of my posts. I want you all to know me.

XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment