Thursday, December 11, 2014

I was here.

My heart has been heavy these last few days. I have been thinking a lot about life and family and how each day is a blessing. A family friend passed away on Tuesday. Her name is Heidi and I always thought she had the best smile. She was only 38 or 39 years old. Her husband is a widower. Her children are motherless. Their lives were changed so tragically. And my heart is breaking for them.

This morning I woke up alone. My husband goes to woke early in the morning. He didn't wake me up this morning to kiss me goodbye. I don't like when he doesn't wake me up. But I am thankful that I can be mad at him for dumb little things like that. I'm glad that I didn't get a goodbye kiss because he didn't want to wake me and not because he wasn't here to give me a kiss.

This morning I woke up to my baby screaming her head off. She isn't sweet when she first wakes up. She's a screamer and will scream until you get her out of her crib. It's not easy having such a stubborn sassy baby. She wears me out so much lately. But I am thankful that I have those screams each morning. I wouldn't know what to do if one day they stopped. I don't even want to imagine it. 

This morning I spent an hour telling my son to hurry and eat, hurry and brush his teeth, hurry and get dressed. If I'm not on him every other minute he would never be ready. It's so frustrating. I got after him when he was in the bathroom for 5 minutes playing in the sink when he was supposed to be brushing his teeth. And at that moment is when it hit me. I wouldn't trade it. I'm thankful I have him here and that I have to follow him around so he will get ready for school and not end up in day-dreamland or mess around with the sink or forget his glasses. I'm thankful I get to do it each morning no matter how much it has annoyed me in the past. To have him here is worth all the hectic mornings.

So you see... I had a perfectly normal exhausting morning. I didn't have anything different happen. It was not smooth or easy going. It wasn't picture perfect. But it was my life with the people I love. I was here... They were here. What more could I ask for? 


Hug a little tighter... a little longer. Look at your life and see the blessing. Thank God for what you have been given. And if you can, will you please say a prayer for Heidi's family. They need so many prayers to help hold their broken hearts together.

XOXO,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely say a prayer for your friend's family. It's too easy to get caught up in routine and fail to realize how blessed we are, this post was a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete