Monday, December 8, 2014

A good day.

We went up into the mountains yesterday to go get us a Christmas tree. I love the mountains! I have said it many times but I have to say it again.... I LOVE LIVING IN UTAH!!! I am so blessed to have been born and raised here and now to be able to raise my kids here. So much beauty and adventure to be found!

So yesterday was a good day. Church was great! I love being able to attend church and partake of the blessing the gospel provides me and my family. I was reminded further how much love Christ has for us all. This is the Christmas season and I let myself get stressed out and caught up in the commercial part of the holiday. Yesterday I was able to let all those stresses go and feel the amazing spirit of this wonderful season.

After we got home we got changed and loaded up into the truck. With Christmas music flowing and happy children in the backseat we set out to find our tree. I loved being with me little family. I love being able to make these memories together. Cooper was so funny as he kept yelling out "THAT ONE!" as we passed HUGE trees that would never fit into our little home. Dustin and I would stop to check out this tree or that one... Is it too big? Too bare? Too tall? Too skinny? After driving until the road was closed and hoping out and hiking a bit we found our simple and beautiful tree. My heart beat extra strong, not just from the hiking, but from how happy I was to see my little family together and seeing how happy they were as well. My husband is meant for the mountains. We need to find us a little cabin to live in. You can see him when he is out in the beauty our Utah home. And our kids are both so curious and adventurous. Cooper has always loved being outside and is always telling me about his plans to hike this mountain or explore. I feel guilty that I haven't been better and been on more adventures with him. 

OK... Get ready for a side road to this post that I didn't plan on writing but have to now... I have been on a long and bumpy journey when it comes to my self image, confidence and body image. I have been overweight for so long and I haven't been able to conquer that hurdle yet. Yes I want to be skinnier! Yes I want to fit into clothes better. Yes I am tired of feeling like the fat girl... But the biggest reason I want to lose weight is to be in better shape and healthier! I want to be able to take my kids on adventures and not worry about being able to actually do it. I want to be able to keep up with my husband (who has a metabolism I would kill for) when we go out into the mountains. I want to climb that mountain with Cooper. I want to be healthier so I don't hold myself and my family back... (Side road done. Back to the purpose of this post.) :)

I believe very strongly that a family that enjoys the simple things together like the Christmas tree hunting, singing Christmas songs in the car, and joking and being silly will be the strong families. As parents we need to spend time with our children so we can have strong relationships with them. Taking a couple of hours to go drive into the mountains and chopping down a tree might not seem like much to some... But to me and to my family it is priceless.

Here are a few photos (poor quality phone pics, sorry) from our little outing... Enjoy.










XOXO,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! And what a beautiful family! So glad to have had the pleasure to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete