Friday, January 9, 2015

It's Friday. I'm a mom. And I'm OK with that.

Can I just get something off of my chest???

I absolutely HATE this saying that travels around social media...


Really? I don't agree at all. Yes... Parenting is hard work a lot of the time. It's stressful and tiring at times. And I get the need to have a break. I have needed (am currently needing) a break from motherhood to recharge myself and keep my sanity. I get that...

Here is why I don't get it... I love weekends with my kids! That's when we get to have our adventures, have fun, and make the best memories.

I'm not trying to bag on any moms out there. I am just wanting to point out that maybe those "Oh wait... I'm a mom." moms need to see things differently. Instead of being jealous of those childless woman who are spending their weekends doing what those without children do, be happy for the extra time you have with your kids.

I think a lot of problems could be solved if we just changed our focus. Stop focusing on what we don't have and start focusing on what do do have.... and be thankful for it!

What do you think we have missed by focusing on the wrong thing?


I'm going to be spending my weekend with my husband and kids making memories and having just as much fun, or maybe even more, as those who aren't moms.

Being a mom isn't a burden... It's the greatest blessing.

XOXO,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until your kids are in school - then you'll REALLY be excited about Fridays! Lax bedtimes, no homework due the next day, no lunches to pack until Monday morning... I think I like vacation days more than my kids do!

    ReplyDelete