Monday, November 10, 2014

The boy who made me a mama

My life changed so much 8 years ago when they placed that tiny little baby boy in my arms. I had always wanted to be a mom. It was my dream. And he made my dream come true by choosing me to be his mom. I truly believe he chose me. And not because he thought he would need me... But because he knew I would need him.

I'm not sure how it is between other parents and their first child but I think Cooper and my relationship is special. As a baby he was so sweet and calm. I couldn't sleep the first few nights after he was born because I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. I was fascinated with him. He was mine. He grew inside of me and I was his mother. I will admit that the first day and even today that when I think about it I was floored that God gave me such an amazing blessing.





As a toddler Cooper was so full of spunk and kind of a stinker. When he was 2 years old our lives changed suddenly. Cooper and I were on our own... Our own little family of 2. He saved me. His pure childlike love saved me from the sorrow. He made me smile when I thought I would never smile again. He kept me loving. The love I had for Cooper was a lifeline and helped me to love others. Our lives were so blessed with each other. Life turned out to be so much better than I had ever hoped. And all because of this child that called me mama. We had so much fun those years that it was him and I. I will always treasure the time we had and the bond it created between us.

Ever since Coop could form sentences... Heck... Even before full sentences... Cooper has always bee a question asker. One day Cooper and I had gone to Cedar to visit mamas boyfriend (aka dad) and Dustin decided he would count how many questions Cooper asked in an hour. He had read somewhere that the average 4 yr old asked so many questions a day. I can't remember how many... I think it was around 400. Cooper asked over 100 in that hour. And he didn't slow down with them throughout that day either. He's always been and still is such a curious kid. I love it.

Cooper is an amazing kid. I can't explain it in words when I think about how much I love him. If you do know him you are so lucky.  And for those who dont... I just wish you all could know him. He has such a great fun loving personality. 

He is smart.
He is witty.
He is fun and silly.
He is kind.
He is curious.
He is sweet and tender.

He makes me laugh and think about things in a way I never did before he came along. Cooper is a choice son of God who chose to come to this earthly life. He is valiant and I know he will change lives one day by being an example and by sharing his light with those around him. He has changed my life by doing so.













I love you Coop-a-doo. Thanks for being such a rad kid. Life is entertaining and so fun with you around. You are such a great big brother. Molly loves you so so much! And you are the best son dad and I could ever ask for. Love you to the moon and back.

XOXO,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment