Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hobby with my hubby.

Hi. I haven't written a post for a week... I'm having a block of some sort. I think I am too tired from all the sleep I have lost. My baby girl is continuously teething and is very stubborn! So I haven't slept since... well since before I was pregnant with her. :) I need a weekend away with my Mr. Dotson!

Speaking of my husband... We have been trying to think of a hobby we could have together. We are so busy with work and kids and household duties and lots of other little things that we don't spend much quality time together. We have noticed that our conversations have become very blah and generic.

How was your day? How was work? It's your turn to change this poopy diaper! What should we have for dinner? Want to watch this show tonight? I love you. I love you too....

We talk to each other plenty throughout the day. And we spend time together... Usually watching TV after the kidlets are in bed and before we conk out ourselves. But we don't really have any common interests other to actually discuss. He's a man. He likes the simple things in life. Communication isn't exactly at the top of his list. He is an introvert. Need I say more? And I'm a woman. I am a complex creature. Simple is not my specialty. I tend to over think and worry.  I want to talk about everything. 



When we were first dating we found lots of common interests! Music, movies, food, love of the outdoors, what we found funny... But that was when we were trying to find common interests because it was new and fun and exciting. I'm sure we aren't the only couple to suffer the effects of life and letting our connection take the backseat to said life. After we got married it seemed like we knew each other so well that there was less and less to talk about and discover about each other. So we quit putting in as much effort thinking that we were just getting "comfortable". I'm not a fan of  comfortable. I know it can't be like it was when we were dating but I do know that our relationship deserves more effort than it has gotten lately.


So that brings me back to my husband and I finding a hobby for us both to enjoy together. I am blank. He wants me to play video games. HELP!?!? What do you and your significant other do to connect? What do you take the time for to have something to actually discuss and communicate about?

I am so in love with my Mr and refuse to let our marriage become the average relationship. When you have something you love you don't neglect it. My husband matters to me. I know I matter to him. We haven't been neglecting each other due to lack of love. We have just gotten side tracked with all the craziness of life. Love isn't something that is self sustaining. You have to keep it strong by giving it the time and attention it needs. And I'm so excited to start giving our love more time and attention.



Help us out! What do you do to keep you love and relationship strong? What common interests and hobbies do you share? 

XOXO,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Me and Cody get in the same boat sometimes! He also tries really hard to get me into video games and I am just terrible at it! But I think it's cute that he is doing what he can to hang onto our relationship and make it better, even if it is an activity I don't consider super fun. Sometimes when I feel that way, I start thinking about what I can do with him that I know he would love. He loves it when I am the one to suggest playing one of his favorite games with him. Or I just spice things up and do a cute little themed activity (lots of ideas on the datingdivas.com website!!). Or we'll take a night to stay up late and chat, even if we may regret it in the morning! So for us it may not be so much the hobbies as it is doing little things for each other that we know would make us happy. One of these days, I know Cody will suggest going on a hike with me! ;) haha.
    P.S. I like this blog of yours a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete