Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I am my soul.

A long looong time ago, before I can remember, I was created by a loving Father who gave me all I needed to be great. I was happy. I loved and was loved. I had a personality and thoughts and worries and made choices. And one day I was given the choice to choose sides. I chose to follow my elder brother who loved me enough to give so much for me. He would give his life. I can't remember the details... But I know it is true! I just know. I imagine it wasn't easy to choose. I had 1/3 of my loved ones choose the opposite side. Did I lose a best friend? Or maybe it was easy for me to choose. I'm not sure because as a result of choosing to follow the side that I did I also chose to come to a place I had never been before and to live a life not remembering all that happened and who I was in my old home.

And after living on this earth for 32 years I am finally starting to see that I am not a body that has a soul, but a soul that was given a body. My soul is who I have always been. I am a child of God, and He has sent me here. And I am so happy to know that He knows who I am.

All my life, or at least most of it, I have been trying to find who I am. Or create who I think I should be. I have referred to myself as old Katie or weak Katie or new Katie or brave Katie or silly Katie or dorky Katie...  And I have spent so much time on a journey to find me. And guess what... It was all such a waste. All that time and energy that was spent searching was a waste. I didn't need to find who I am. I needed to accept who I am. That person who chose to come to earth is the same person who loves music, has fears, doesn't like to have people mad at her and believes in love. I finally understand who I am,

This is me... Silly, emotional, lover of music, avoider of conflict, dreamer, dorky dancer, colorful...

I am a mom.


I am a wife.

I am part of a very wonderful family.

I am a Daughter of God. And He loves me. When the world tells me I am not enough God tells me I matter. I have a role in life to help others remember that they are also children of a loving Heavenly Father and the EVERY LIFE MATTERS! I was sent to this earthly life not to become someone else but to become better and to help others do the same. And guess what? So were you.

XOXO,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. You are also a cherished and adored daughter, sister, granddaughter and auntie!! Love you and love your beautiful thoughts here on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete