Thursday, March 26, 2015

Playing alone at recess.

This morning I was talking to Cooper while he was getting ready for school and he told me that he doesn't have any friends to play with at recess.

(Insert mom's heart breaking here)

I pray every single day that I can do and say the things my children need to help them be happy in life. Cooper has had this problem at school a couple times already and I have told him not to worry cause he is awesome and that he should find a new friend. When in my mind I want to tell him that he is too good for those mean kids anyway and they suck! I have to hold the protective mama bear in. 

But today when he told me that he tries to play with so-called friends at school and they say they don't want to play with him it makes me so upset. What do I do? How do I handle this? What do I teach him in this very normal but hard time of his childhood?

This is what came to me...

Just because someone does not see how great you are does not mean that you aren't great.

Some people , young and old, get caught up in what is going on in their lives, their lifestyle, their group, their projects and/or interests, and they forget to take time to see anything else. And just because they don't see how fun and interesting you are does not mean that you are not fun and interesting.




Sometimes we end up playing alone at recess.


Play. Be creative. Enjoy life. Be awesome.

Sometimes not being a part of the group is better than being a part of it. 


XOXO,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment